THE LATEST SOCIETY NEWS!
Congratulations, Emily Fox, on your new role as Chair of the SfDBT. Emily is replacing Christine Dunkley, who has been chair since the launch of the SfDBT four years ago. We cannot thank Christine enough for all she has done.
With Emily becoming Chair, there is a vacancy on the Board and members will soon have the opportunity to come forward for the post, which will be decided/confirmed by a vote of the members of the SfDBT at the AGM at the conference on the 4th of November in Manchester.
URGENT ATTENTION NEEDED! Registration closing on the 10th of October 2016.
The time has come again to book for the annual DBT conference. This year it is being held on Friday 4th November at Manchester University Harwood Room and Barnes Wallis Room. harwood-bw-campus-map-2016
Here are some of the highlights to look forward to:
- Dr Melanie Harned, treatment developer of the Prolonged Exposure protocol will give a keynote address about this important new intervention
- Professor Alan Fruzzetti treatment developer of Family Connections, will deliver a keynote address on consultation team
- Dr Janet Feigenbaum will provide a workshop on getting people back to work with DBT
- Dr Richard Booth will compare and contrast data from his dual implementation of RO and Standard DBT groups
- Dr Maggie Stanton and Dr Christine Dunkley workshop on teaching mindfulness skills